Student of the Month Story

   Every month, Bowie awards one outstanding student to be student of the month.  This month, sophomore Kateri Jaquette has been awarded with Student of the Month of September at Bowie High School. Jaquette has become Bowie's student of month because of her participation in extracurricular activities and high grades.
     "Kateri stands out to me because of her ability to push herself to her best ability when working on hard assignments," journalism teacher Mr. Reeves said. "She has really shown me what a hardworking and dedicated student looks like."
     Jaquette has been working toward receiving student of the month for a few months, and has been doing everything she can to become student of the month.
     "I was hoping to get student of the month," Jaquette said. "It was something that I had always wanted to get, so when I got it I was extremely happy. I felt like all my hard work had finally been paid off."
     When she found out about winning the award, Jaquette felt very accomplished and proud of herself.
     "I have never felt more proud of myself," Jaquette said. "The feeling of being rewarded for everything you've done is so amazing, and I'm very glad I decided to work so hard to get this."
     Not only was receiving the award a great experience for Jaquette, but it has also had some benefits.
     "Since I am student of the month, my peers are treating me with more respect," Jaquette said. "I been have getting much more attention from students and teachers, and lots of people have been congratulating me, which is nice."
      Friends and family members of Jaquette are also very proud of her. They were not surprised when they found out about her accomplishment.
     "I was expecting Kateri to win student of the month," friend of Jaquette, Ella Friedman said. "I know how hard she works and how much she is involved in both in and out of school. Her accomplishment was no surprise to her friends and I."
     Jaquette thinks winning the award was a result of having high grades, participating in multiple extracurricular activities, and being very involved in general. She is able to give advice to students who are looking to become the next student of the month.
     "To be student of the month, you need to be very involved and diverse in the activities you do," Jaquette said. "I have realized that it's not only your grades that are important, it is also very important to be involved with the school if you want to be student of the month."
  


Comments

  1. Best story I have read. You did nearly everything perfect. Just a couple of small attribution errors. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review Preview

Free Write

The Dispatch #5